homepage logo

Wolverines Roll In 60-0 Blowout Over Remsen St. Mary’s

By Staff | Oct 13, 2015

UPENDED - The Wolverines’ Travis Fehr upends the Remsen St. Mary’s quarterback for one of the four sacks tallied by the WBM/GCB?defense in Friday’s 60-0 shutout victory at Remsen. -- Tim Dahlhauser photo

REMSEN – After a week off from the football wars, West Bend-Mallard/Gil-more City-Bradgate pitched a 60-0 shutout win over Remsen St. Mary’s in eight man action Friday night. The win gives the Wolverines a 3-1 district mark and 3-3 overall mark on the season.

The Wolverines wasted little time on Friday as they scored first off a 35 yard ?Nolan Roger Dahlhauser touchdown run. Nolan Robert Dahlhauser would kick the conversion for a 7-0 lead with 9:32 to go in the first quarter.

After forcing a punt by St. Mary’s, the Wolverines got the ball back and quickly covered 65 yards for a score that came off a 24 yard run by Nolan Roger Dahlhauser with 6;28 to go in the first. The conversion kick would make the score 14-0.

St. Mary’s managed to get a first down on their next possession, but a quarterback sack would help stall the drive an dled to a punt that the Wolverines fielded inside their 10-yard line.

Wolverine Quarterback Jeff Riesenberg kept the ball and raced 68 yards down to the St. Mary’s three-yard line and Nolan Roger Dahlhauser finished the drive with the score at the 3:28 remaining in the first frame and the kick made the score 21-0 to end the first quarter.

A three and out by St. Mary’s gave the Wolverines the ball right after the start of the second frame, and with 10:23 to go in the half, WBM/GCB scored off a 40 yard run by Riesenberg. The kick would be blocked, leaving the Wolverines with a 27-0 lead.

The defense would step up on the next series as Thad Fogarty recovered a St. Mary’s fumble at their 15 and it would take three plays for Riesenberg to run in from four yeards away for the score, but the conversion kick would be blocked a second time, giving the Wolverines a 33-0 lead with 9:20 to go in the first half.

The Wolverine defense continued to harass the St. Mary’s offense, breaking up a pair of pass plays and recording a quarterback sack on fourth down with 2:13 left until thehalf.

The Wolveriines would get the ball back on downs at the St. Mary’s 13 yard line and Travis Fehr finished off the possession with the 13-yard run, and with a two-point conversion by Riesenberg, the Wolverines took a 41-0 lead when the half came to a close.

With the clock running continuously in the second half, it wouldn’t take long for WBM/GCB to score as Nolan Roger Dahlhauser hit paydirt on a 52-yard run with 10:40 on the clock. The conversion failed, making the score 47-0.

St. Mary’s would get a touchback on the resulting kick but an untimley fumble would be recovered by Deter Knobloch at the Hawks’ five-yard line. Knobloch would get the five-yard score two plays later and after the kick failed, the Wolverines held a 53-0 lead with 9:02 to go in the third frame.

9:09. It stayed there when the kick by Taljegard hit the cross bar and fell short.

Witht the reserves taking over the contest, the Wovlerines would strike again with 2:51 to go in the third as Nolan Robert Dahlhauswer would score off a six-yard run to cap off a 23 yard drive. after a fourth down try by the Hawks. The extra point would seal the deal with a 60-0 score that held through the final quarter for the victory.

WBM-GCB rolled up a total of 471 offensive yards, including 413 rushing yards and the contest. Nolan Roger Dahlhauser racked up 151 rushing yards with five touchdowns. JEff Riesenberg added 134 yards rushing. Jack Banwart caught a pass from Riesenberg and netted 40 yards and Nolan Robert Dahlhauser caught a Danie Riesenberg pass for 18 yards.

The Wolverine defense collected four quarterback sacks, with Nolan Grimm, Travis Fehr, Jack Banwart and Colton Wickman each collecting a sack.

Travis Fehr tallied 10 tackles, while Nolan Roger Dahlhauser added eight tackles. Nolan Grimm, Jack Banwart, Jeff Riesenberg and Thad Fogarty all made six tackles.

The Wolverines will return to Remsen this Friday night for a meeting with the Rockets of Remsen Union.