Time Management is Important in Daily Life
Time is something we cannot escape. Wherever we go and whatever we do, time is always with us. Time management is one of the most important skills a person can, and should master. We all want to get as much done in a day as possible. Since we lose a certain amount of time to our sleep and wake cycles, it is important to utilize what time is available in the best way possible in order to achieve our goals without losing time doing unproductive activities.
Time management is a goal I strive for every day. Somedays I am more time oriented than others but that’s part of being human. I’ve learned how to manage my time much better working for a newspaper with deadlines that can’t be changed simply because I didn’t have enough time. It was no one else’s fault but my own and the reason was simply because I did not use my time wisely in an effective manner. Essentially, I wasted valuable time that I can never get back.
I have done a great deal of research on time management trying to find tips and techniques to improve time management and I feel that I have come up with 10 tips that have helped me manage my time better.
1) Figure out where you are wasting time throughout your day. If you can pinpoint activities that you use to escape the day-to-day activities and your productivity slips, then you can take back more of the wasted time.
2) Separate work time from personal time. When you are at work, focus is the key to finishing things in a timely manner.
3) Organize your workspace. Disorganization is another waste of time because you can spend minutes looking for something. Time organization includes space organization. Keep things organized and labeled.
4) Set clear time limits for tasks. A good example of this tip is reading and responding to emails at work, set a time limit on this activity. No matter what happens, once you reach the set time limit stop and move onto another essential task. This stops you from spending too much time with one email.
5) Have routines that you are committed to. Routines help you get straight to you to your without losing time or wondering when the deadline for completion is. You will have more consistency and focus when doing what you must accomplish.
Take your productivity and time in your own hands with time management. You might be surprised by the results and the boost your self-confidence gets in the process.