Palo Alto Arts Council Seeking Art Work For Art Wall at The Shores
Palo Alto County artists are invited to display their work on the Art Wall at The Shores in Emmetsburg. Palo Alto Arts Council and The Shores coordinate the project.
The Art Wall is changed every six months, with new art work scheduled to go up on May 29. The theme is “Sun Rise/Sun Set”.
Artists can take their paintings and photos to The Shores on Saturday, May 29, between 11 a.m. and 12 noon. Entries from the last exhibit can be picked up at that time.
“We would like to thank all who have participated in our past exhibits as we have had many wonderful comments about your talents,” said Lou Ann Huberty, Arts Council chair. “We know there is a lot of excellent talent in our community and this is a nice opportunity for you to participate.”
Vision For Art Display:
• Feature quality paintings or photography by artists 18 years or older.
• Live or work in Palo Alto County, or be a member of the Palo Alto Arts Council.
• Promote this beautiful community facility … The Shores at Five Island.
Guidelines For Art Work:
• Minimum size is 8” x 10″
• Maximum size is 20” x 24″
• Not to exceed 10 pounds
• We will accept painted artwork and photography into this exhibit.
• The entry must be an original painted work of art created by you or a photo taken by you.
• Entry must be wired or have two brackets and ready to be hung.
• Your name and the title of your work will be listed on the exhibit wall.
Anyone with questions can contact Palo Alto Arts Council representatives Lou Ann Huberty at 712-852-2334 or Julie Leners at 712-852-3451.