Fall 2020 Welding Classes Available at Iowa Lakes
Iowa Lakes Community College will offer a series of welding classes through the Continuing Education program starting on Tuesday, Oct. 6. The classes will be held on Tuesdays from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on the Emmetsburg campus.
The basic welding series consists of six sessions of classes, but participants may choose to take one, some, or all the sessions. Each class costs $89 per session or only $479 for all six sessions. Participants must bring welding gloves and safety glasses with them to each session.
The first class, Introduction to Welding, Safety, and the Health of Welder provides an orientation to the welding profession and covers the basics of health and safety within the welding profession. Successful completion of this class is mandatory to attend any of the other sessions in the series.
The coursework includes:
• Session 1 (Oct. 6): Introduction to Welding, Safety & the Health of Welders
• Session 2 (Oct. 13): Stick Welding
• Session 3 (Oct. 20) Wire Welding
• Session 4 (Oct. 27): Aluminum (TIG) Welding
• Session 5 (Nov. 3) Stainless Steel (TIG) Welding
• Session 6 (Nov. 10): Hands-On Skill Training
For more information or to register, visit www.iowalakes.edu/ce and search for “welding” or call 800-252-5664.