×
×
homepage logo

Construction Leads To Gas Leak

By Staff | Aug 13, 2015

GAS?LEAK?REPORTED - The Emmetsburg Fire Department was called Tuesday afternoon at 3 p.m. to respond to a report of a gas leak in the area of the 800 block of Lake Street. Firefighters, Emmetsburg Police and Emmetsburg Municipal Utilities workers responded as well and determined that an excavator on the Lake Street Infrastructure project accidently drove over a gas valve, which broke a gas line north of Main Street. The gas then spread due to the northwesterly breeze, and was noticed to the south of the break. EMU employees located the break and made repairs without any further damage. -- Dan Voigt photo