Storm Related Assistance Is Available To Individuals In Palo Alto County
A reminder to Palo Alto County residents: Iowa Governor Chet Culver has issued a Disaster Proclamation for 28 counties in Iowa, including Palo Alto County, for the recent severe weather events.
“This proclamation provides limited financial assistance to individuals that have disaster related needs and are unable to meet those needs through other means,” explained Mark Hunefeld, Palo Alto County EM/E911 Coordinator.
To be eligible, individuals must meet all of the following criteria:
• Must be located in the affected area (Ayrshire, Curlew, Cylinder, Emmetsburg, Graettinger, Mallard, Rodman, Ruthven and West Bend).
• Individuals residing in the household must verify occupancy.
• Must be a legal resident of the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Have a self-declared income of less than 200-percent of the Federal Poverty Level guidelines. (Example: Household of one is annual income of $21,600.00).
• Sign a release of information and certify the information is true and correct.
Application must be submitted to the County Emergency Management Coordinator prior to Thursday, Aug. 5.
“Application information where the State Individual Assistance Grant Program has been made available is posted on the Department of Human Services website,” said Hunefeld. Visit www.dhs.state.ia.us and click on Storm Help or call 877-937-3663.