New Web Site Will Provide More Options For Readers
Beginning today, readers of The Reporter and The Democrat will be noticing a new look for the emmetsburgnews.com web site. A completely new design will help emmetsburgnews.com become the leading source for news and information about our area.
The new-look emmetsburgnews.com web site will feature several new features along with some old favorites. Among the new features will be:
• More calendars. Look for us to have topic specific calendars should help you better plan your daily lives. In the coming weeks we will add calendars for sporting and school events as well as calendars highlighting things to do in the area.
• More polls. You will find more chances to express your opinion on the new site. We plan on using more polls and using them more often, sometimes within a story itself.
• User comments. Users are free to comment on most stories they read on the site. We think that involving the readers more through polls and comments will add a human touch to the site as well as make it more relevant to our readers.
• More information in general. The new site allows us to post more information to explain a story. With the new site we can post more photos with each story, we can provide the reader links to more information and we provide links to documents that may in some case provide background information for a story.
• Registration. Our new site allows readers to register for their own account. Registration is important because it allows you to post comments on stories, blogs and polls. It also allows you to post photos to our popular CU photo-sharing site. The site provides readers a view of thousands of photos of the area and is already popular with readers.
• Blogs. Look for some quick-hitting blogs to appear on our site covering a variety of topic. Blogs are a great way of including the public in the news process and we hope you enjoy the addition.
• Stories where you expect them. The new site allows us to post stories in more than one location. A story about a store being damaged by fire could be found both under business and news.
• Read the news when and where you want. The site adds a mobile edition that allows you to
access the site via your cell phone or PDA device.
• E-mail alerts. Registered users can sign up to get an e-mail whenever an event is posted containing the keywords that interests them.
Along with improvements to the news side of the web site, advertising options also have been improved on the site. Local business now have more options to get their messages across, including text ads, more sizes of ads, even the option to put their newspaper ads on the home page.
“We are working hard to assure the site is as relevant to our online readers as possible, bringing you in a digital format the news and information you need and want. We’ve had the same mission as a printed newspaper for years, “ said Dan McCain, Publisher of The Reporter and The Democrat. “By improving the digital version of the paper, we are striving to improve both the online and offline experience you get when you read our newspaper.”
We invite you to experience the new emmetsburgnews.com website today. Browse through the options, look at the latest events that our photographers have captured on the CU website, and remember that The Reporter and The Democrat are continually striving to be your information source for Palo Alto County.