homepage logo

Community

Emmetsburg Catholic School Class of 2018

Parents/Family: Paul (dad), Mary (mom), April (sister), Maura (sister), Donald (brother)What ECS teacher has made the biggest impact and why: Kendra Muckey, my 5th grade teacher because she just always seemed happy and made our school lessons fun. She was patient with our crazy class and she ...

Parents/Family: Marty (dad), Jessica (mom), Rachel (sister), Tim (brother), Braden (brother) and Leo (brother)What ECS teacher has made the biggest impact and why: Coach because he has taught me that even though I may not like someone or something I should just be the bigger personBeing an 8th ...

Parents/Family: Jeff (Dad), Laura (Mom), Gavin, Lauren, Gabriel, Julia, Jonas, Ezra and MaryIn 10 years I see myself:Out of college and starting my professional career as an athleteMost memorable moment at ECS: When I ate my first school lunch herePerson you look up to Uncle TonyAdvice to ...

Anthony BiliranMost memorable moment at ECS: When Olivia, Shalaki and I performed One Direction "What Makes You Beautiful" in the talent show in 2nd grade and did a remake of it during our 8th grade yearYour best quality: I think my kindness. I don't like being mean to othersWhat did you like ...

Parents/Family: Kim, mom/ Mitch, dadWhat ECS teacher has made the biggest impact and why: Mrs. Oberg, she was always helpful and nice to me and other students. She was also my favorite teacher the whole time I was at ECS.Being an 8th grader means: I'm going to high school next yearMost ...

Women’s Agricultural Tours To Be Offered

Women across Iowa have the opportunity to visit diverse agricultural businesses through six one-day bus tours this summer. Each tour is designed by local groups of women in agriculture and led by Iowa State University Extension and Outreach county professionals and the Women in Ag program. ...

VFW Post 2295 Auxiliary Meets In May

The Auxiliary to the VFW Post 2295 met Tuesday May 15 at the Post Home with President Lou Ann Huberty presiding over the opening ceremonies.Minutes of the April meetin were read and approved by the membership, and the onthly Treasurer's report was given and approved subject to audit.Members of ...

Farm Service Agency County Committee Nominations Set To Begin June 15

WASHINGTON DC - The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) encourages America's farmers and ranchers to nominate candidates to lead, serve and represent their community on their local county committee. USDA's Farm Service Agency (FSA) will accept nominations for county committee members ...

Teaching Children To Save Program

National Teach A Child to Save Day is observed every April. On April 20th, Julie Miller and Holly Sidles from Iowa Trust and Savings Bank in Emmetsburg visited with second graders at West Elementary and the Emmetsburg Catholic School in Emmetsburg.During their visit to the classrooms, ...