Over the last week I've spent a majority of my time sleeping and watching TV. Sounds like a great vacation, right? Wrong. After several months of working two jobs and barely stopping to take a breath I'd think I'd love the "break", but I really just feel worthless and bored.
I'm thinking I probably haven't spent this much time in my house since I bought it. It would be great if I could actually do something, but I've barely been able to do some laundry or dishes. I have a Pinterest board of great ideas and projects and never anytime to do them. Now that I have the time, I don't have the energy.
But I have learned a few things from this "staycation":
1. Fluids are important. Drink lots of water! You don't want to get dehydrated.
2. Watching Glee and not being able to sing along almost ruins the purpose for me. I try to sing and it ends up in a horrible coughing spell that is just disgusting.
3. Facebook is pretty boring when you can actually check it every five minutes.
4. I need to schedule some me time. You don't get this sick when you take care of yourself. I also need to make time for housework. What a mess! It was easy to ignore when I was barely here, but not so much when I'm here all day long.
5. My cats must have really missed me and I need to play with them more when I am home. I've never seen them so playful and cuddly as they have been the past few days.
I really hope none of you folks get the "crud" that I've been experiencing. It's really terrible, as many of you know since it seems it's going around. I think I've seen more parents talking about your sick kids on Facebook lately than ever.
I especially hope none of the fine folks who came out to support Team Tonderum and the Chili Cook-off on Saturday get this from me, though I was only there for a few hours, but I was overwhelmed by the support and generosity.
Last week's other activities for Relay for Life - the Pink Out and Tip Night Kick-Off - were also amazing. We've started this season with a bang and I can't wait to see what the rest of the year will bring.